Audacity is seeking a dynamic, full-time Junior Copywriter to join our San Diego creative team. Do you have the audacity to write clear, creative, and compelling copy for the biotech and health sectors?
Essential job functions:
- The Jr. Copywriter is dedicated to growing their copywriting abilities and learning the ins-and-outs of audacity processes
- You’ll need to master in-house processes (task management, timesheets) and relevant tools (Word, Figma, PowerPoint, etc)
- At least beginner knowledge of ad writing best practices
- At least beginner understanding writing for social media
- At least beginner understanding of strategic thinking
- At least beginner experience of ideation/thinking up creative big ideas
- You’ll brainstorm everything from campaign concepts to new product names in a fast-paced environment
- Assist with writing on anything we produce including advertisements, landing pages, digital banners, video scripts, collateral, social posts, tradeshow booths, etc.
- Collaborate with our strategists and scientists to translate complicated science content into simple and delightful concepts and copy
- Be a stickler for details; you’ll be called on to proofread others’ work and offer suggestions for improvement
- Participate in weekly planning and development of Audacity social posts, emails, and short blog articles
- Keep up-to-date with digital trends as well as innovative traditional media and share your inspirations with the team.
Ideal skills and experience:
- Impressive portfolio link showcasing your best work; experience with health or life science clients is preferred, but not a requirement
- 2+ years of agency experience as copywriter
- Good presentation and multitasking skills
- Degree or post-graduate studies in English, journalism, marketing, advertising or a related field
- The drive to not only complete the assignment given, but be inspired to push for and execute an even better idea
- An entrepreneurial spirit
This is an excellent opportunity to get in with a growing agency and have an impact on the burgeoning business of life sciences in San Diego. It’s a chance to help improve the lives of your fellow human beings and improve your quality of life at the same time.
About the company:
Audacity is an innovative boutique agency that’s home to a bunch of artsy, geeky human beings. Here, the left brains and right brains work together. We focus on building brands for groundbreaking industries of tomorrow including genomics testing, lifesaving medical devices, and precision cancer care.
Audacity is currently operating fully remote in accordance with state + local recommendations. When recommendations allow for in-office work, this role may require in-office reporting periodically in San Diego, CA.
To be considered for this position, please submit a cover letter and resume, and share a link or PDF of your portfolio of work to email@example.com with “Jr Copywriter” in the subject line.